July 17, 2010

My very first post!! Sheryl's 30's quilt

Sheryl posted pictures of her quilt on her blog, and sent me a link. I noticed that her followers were asking for a web site to view my work. So.................., I guess it's time. And it seems only fair that I post Sheryl's quilt as my first entry, since she provided the motivation for this blog.

It's a beautiful quilt that includes fabric from her grandmother's curtains. Sheryl gave me free rein on the quilting design (thank you so much for that, Sheryl!) and I decided to try my hand at feathers. I've quilted feathers before, but mostly an all over, free form type. This was my first attempt to fit feathers into a border space. I'm relatively pleased with the results, and, if the hug she gave me was any indication, so was Sheryl!

The full quilt

The first border, still on the frame

Stippling when the white is outside the circle and a flower when the white is in the circle

The back







11 comments:

  1. This looks great, Deb. I hope you can share more of your own beautiful work.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet! I'll try to keep this up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'll really enjoy being able to see all your work in one place, and so will your customers. And you're a good writer.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are now my post for today. I hope you get lots of people visiting. More pictures please of your beautiful work. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work!! I am going to add you to my follow....Looking forward to seeing more of your work and your own stuff too! Time is so precious! Welcome to blog land~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Deb!!! I love your Blog!! And my quilt as your first entry makes it all the more special. Your writing is so lovely too, I agree with your other friend about that. Cannot wait to see what you put up there next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not as lovely as your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Just beautiful...the quilt and the quilting! I am really lucky that I get to see a lot of your work in person!!!

    ReplyDelete